Ordering Is Open
Schools and districts order tests on our ordering site.
2019-20 Test Dates
Find out when the PSAT 8/9 will be offered.
Updated Test Policies
Based on feedback from educators and students, we've made the following improvements to PSAT 8/9 policies.
- On test day, the minimum distance between students' desks will be three feet instead of four.
- We're now including pink irregularity (IR) indicator labels in the PSAT 8/9 coordinator kits we send to your school. If you're returning any irregularity reports along with your other test materials, please put one IR label on each box in the shipment. This helps us process your shipment quickly and avoid scoring delays.
Schools and districts must officially order PSAT 8/9 test materials to get score reports after testing. Ordering reflects that your school has been approved for testing, that we have your correct mailing and contact information, and that your school has the correct materials to fairly administer tests.
Borrowing and lending is allowed for some test administrations, but schools using only borrowed materials won’t get score reports.
Choose the Digital PSAT 8/9
The digital PSAT 8/9 is the same test students take on paper, with the same benefits—plus the advantages of an online experience. Learn about digital testing.
Tips for Getting Scores Faster
Here are a few easy steps you can take on or before test day:
- When collecting answer sheets, check that certain fields have been completed correctly. These fields include, but are not limited to, name (field 1), school code (field 4), and form code (field A, located on the back of answer sheet). Errors in these fields can cause scoring delays. Go to the "Collecting Answer Sheets" section of your coordinator manual for details.
- Use the IR indicator labels described above if you're reporting test day irregularities. If you think you'll need more labels than included in your coordinator kit, contact Customer Service to request more before test day. Call 888-477-7728 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It's critical to return answer sheets and unused materials to the College Board no later than the next school day after test day to prevent delays to scores.
Testing Supports for English Learners
To make the PSAT 8/9 even more accessible to students, the College Board has worked with educators to provide testing supports for English learners (EL).
Resources for the SAT Suite of Assessments
Download resources for K–12 educators, including a counselor guide, teacher implementation guides, and professional development modules.
Look Up Your School Code
To offer the PSAT 8/9, your school needs an active six-digit College Board school code. Schools that offer the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, or AP have one. If you need a code, call 609-771-7091.