As we monitor the spread of the coronavirus (covid-19), the health and safety of students and educators is our top priority. Get the latest updates on all our programs and offerings.
The College Board has partnered with multiple Talent Search programs to offer weekend PSAT 8/9 administrations to gifted and talented students in grades 3–6. Students can register through Talent Search programs from September 2020–January 2021.
Upcoming dates for Talent Search administrations are:
- Saturday, January 9, 2021
- Saturday, February 13, 2021
- Sunday, February 14, 2021
How to Register
- Parents can learn about eligibility requirements and register students through one of the Talent Search programs listed below.
- Only parents or legal guardians can register students under 13 years old.
- Once students are registered, we’ll send a confirmation email to the provided contact address. The subject will read: "Your Child Is Registered for the PSAT 8/9," and the admission ticket for your session will be attached.
- We'll also send these emails to your Talent Search program for easier tracking.
- Your admission ticket email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The registration deadline for January 9 testing is December 8, 2020.
- The registration deadline for February 13 and 14 testing is January 6, 2021.
Talent Search Programs
- Center for Talented Youth (Johns Hopkins University)
- Duke Talent Identification Program (Duke University)
- Center for Bright Kids (Regional Talent Development Center)
- Midwest Academic Talent Search (Northwestern University)
Weather Information for Parents
If there's bad winter weather on your student's test date, find out if the testing site is closed:
- Call Customer Service at 844-806-7817 before test time. College Board will maintain a list of confirmed closings as recent as 4 p.m. ET the Friday before testing.
- Check your email to see if we’ve sent a message about test site closings.
If the site is closed on your student's test date, makeup dates will be available on a case-by-case basis:
- Saturday, February 27, 2021
- Sunday, February 28, 2021
If the test site hasn't confirmed a closing but weather is severe, please use caution when going to the site.
Weather Information for Testing Sites
If you expect bad weather in your area on test day, immediately call 844-806-7817 to confirm whether your testing site will be closed. If you're closed, we'll let students know their makeup test date by the week after their initial test date.
For more information on how to handle site closures or for assistance with other aspects of test administrations, please reference the PSAT 8/9 Coordinator Manual (.pdf/ 4.3 MB).
Scores for Talent Search Participants
All scores will be sent to the applicable Talent Search organization. Parents and students will receive a paper score report by mail. Most paper scores should be received by late April 2021.
Internet privacy laws restrict students under 13 from creating College Board accounts. This means score reporting for Talent Search students won't be available via our online score reporting portal or integrated with Khan Academy®.
For more information about your Talent Search program's requirements and score policies, contact them directly.
For questions or changes regarding your PSAT 8/9 registration, call 844-806-7817.
For general PSAT 8/9 information, including test tips and sample questions, download the PSAT 8/9 Student Guide (.pdf/2.6 MB). To learn about score reports and what scores mean, visit PSAT 8/9 Scores.